Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 3 - Half Marathon Training

Short run & cross train

11:20 am
2 miles
10:51/mile
total time 21:42
Very windy, cloudy & around 70 degrees
Smooth flat run


20-minute TurboJam as cross training
Daily ab work

This was a tough run today. That wind was atrocious to run against. It felt like a straight uphill run. The sun wasn't really shining because it was cloudy, but when it did break from the clouds it was bright and strong. I ended up walking about a 1/2 mile overall. I also had a horrible headache. Ladies, you can't even deny that when AF is visiting, it's much harder to get through the run. That was me today...

So... Mr.Wind, when it's a run day, please keep it down to a cool light breeze :o) Thanks.

I haven't been wearing my HR band... I don't really know why. I should be and will begin to starting tomorrow.

Also, I have to rave about Judy. She is my Garmin Forerunner 305. This GPS watch is SO incredibly beneficial to running. It is money well spent. I will never regret this purchase. In my opinion, it's up there with "good shoes" as recommended running gear.

By the way, in case you were wondering... My Garmin is named Judy because
A. every runner's watch needs a name... and
B. because my favorite movie is Wizard Of Oz, the main character is played by Judy Garland, so garland/garmin, and therefore JUDY!

I couldn't make it all the way through TJ. I am just so wiped out today. This headache is still here and all the jumping around wasn't helping. It's all good - tomorrow's a new day.

Have a good Wednesday ♥

No comments: