Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 4 - Half Marathon Training

Today's plan - 3 Mile run + strength

9 am
3 miles
11:10/mile
total time - 33:28
Cool breeze, hot sun - about 70 degrees

This run had light rolling hills. I was feeling so burnt out at 1.5 miles. I guess because it's the first week of being this consistant. Also, the area I was running was intersected with a lot of driveways and traffic lights. That really breaks up the rhythm. After the 1.5 mile mark, I hit a plateau of the hills and found a great rhythm which made the next 1.5 go so nice that I didn't want to stop. But I have bible study after this run, so I had to.

For strength I'll be doing some arm work (resistance band and push ups), and also my daily ab regimine. Stronger abs REALLY makes a difference in running!

No comments: