Sunday, August 16, 2009

Heart Disease??

I took a genetic saliva test by Gensona (The Gensona™ Heart Health Genetic Test analyzes certain gene variations, looking for genetic patterns in the IL1 gene. This gene plays a role in your body's inflammatory response – a sign you may have a predisposition to heart disease).

On a scale of 0-7, zero being the lowest risk and 7 being the highest risk, my genetic test came back at level 7. My genetics say I have the highest chance of developing heart disease and/or having a heart attack.

Lord, I thank you that my life has changed so much. Who knows if those genetics would have caused a problem, but who really wants to know? I don't. The way I was living my life until last year... I probably would have found out.

I've always done all this stuff so I could be healthier... now that desire is even deeper.

Pretty eye-opening...

No comments: