Monday, April 13, 2009

Nerves

I can't believe this. The first timer jitters yet again! I get that cold chilling sensation throughout my body when I realize my race is only days away. I've never run this distance in a race before. I... I just...I'm just nervous as heck! I know it's all part of the fun of the event.. getting nervous and excited...but I don't like it. I feel like the nervousness slows me down, it makes me unable to sleep, makes me want to rush train at the last minute as if it'll help which I know it won't. In fact, if I overtrain in the last few days then I'll only end up hurting myself and being tired come d-day.

Oy. I can't sit here and say "it's ok I can do it" because I don't even know if I can. I'll know after saturday, but unfortunately I'm being held to an expectancy by my team. Why did I do this? Who in their crazy mind signs up for their first time doing a distance IN A TEAM?

I hope I can do it. I hope I can do it. I hope and will try my absolute hardest to do it and do it well.


Running goals this week have changed:
I didn't get to run saturday.
Ran 4.1 miles on sunday and a 1 mile walk with the kids.
Today I rested, but kicked butt at soccer practice with the kids!
Tomorrow - hoping for 3 miles.
Wednesday - hoping for 2 miles plus a good swim.

2 comments:

Jrsygurl4life said...

You CAN absolutely do it! Think positive and keep going. GOOD LUCK!

Val said...

Wow.. kinda crazy reading this after how this whole week turned out!