Saturday, November 8, 2008

Heck no!

I kept avoiding swimming because I was planning to swim in our outdoor, unheated pool. No biggie since most likely I'd have to swim in cold water during a race...and I'd get used to it once i started swimming and burning energy...yeah right! My husband counted me in, 1-2-3-GO! I jumped in and lost my breath immediately, I kept saying to myself SWIM..SWIM, but not even half way across the pool I climbed my shocked cold body out of there! Everytime I put my face in the water and then turned it to get air, I only lost my breath from the freezing water. Oh and in case you didn't know, moving in cold water makes it sting more than staying still. I guess after a while you are numb to it, but I figured i'd drown by then, so getting out was a good idea. I sat there catching my breath, then went inside and all that I could muster up to my husband who was looking at me like "what happened?" was OOOOH HECK NO. He laughed, fed me, then sent me off to the multi-gen with $40 to get my self a membership for the indoor pool.

Talk about brain-freeze, don't try that at home.

No comments: