Saturday, November 8, 2008

My routine in place

After much reasearch and lots of frustration, I've finally got my routine in place...I think. If this routine challenges me and I see results, then it'll be what I keep up with to attain my ultimate goals. These are major baby steps.

My first and foremost goal is to see where my levels are in all 3 disciplines. Next:
  • For running, my weakest discipline, I'll follow the 'Aggressive Couch to Sprint' program.
  • For biking, my goal is to be able to do at least 20 minutes and at least 6.5 miles (half of the tri amount)
  • For swimming, my goal is at least 25 yards straight and at least 20 minutes. (Since swimming is one of my strengths, this will probably increase quickly)

My short-ultimate goals is:
20 min swim/40 minute bike/20 minute run

Once I feel built up enough in each discipline, I will begin to mesh them together in the 'brick sessions' - doing one full time/distance discipline right after the other, until I am able to finish a Sprint Triathlon!

Sprint Triathlons usually fall within these ranges and in this order:
1/2 - 3/4 mile swim, 12-14 mile bike, 3.1 mile run

No comments: