Saturday, February 13, 2010

Junk Food is Addicting!

I have been doing so well, keeping up with my running, weight training balance, core, etc... and I was doing excellent with eating clean.... until SuperBowl! I let myself have some stuff I don't usually eat (main things were lots of sugary foods and soda). It was good and I didn't feel the least bit bad... but then I got these horrible allergy symptoms, my skin's breaking out all over, and I'm horribly hungry and tired like allllll the time.

I really can't eat that %^*&!!

So despite the eating and allergies, I have been kicking booty with my workouts. I had THE BEST 5-miler on Thursday. I run out in Henderson before bible study. It's a quaint peaceful area. There are rolling hills, road, sidewalk, a black running path along a wash, and even a soft gravel type dirt path. I felt like a million bucks after that run! I used the "run 1 mile - walk 1 minute" method this day and also last Tuesday for a 5-mile treadmill run. I really felt the difference! It makes the run much more enjoyable. As long as I can walk just the right pace to let the muscles take a break yet not let the HR drop too much. I've also been having faster runs (averaging around 11-min miles even with the consistent walk breaks).

Tomorrow... 10 miles. I always say that and never go through with it. It gets bumped or cut short. After the run on Thursday, I'm really looking forward to another great run like that... just doubled :o)

Pray I feel better soon though... my skin is irritated, itchy, and I feel like I'm in a complete fog.

1 comment:

robison52 said...

Have you seen a doctor about your itcy skin? A poster at running/joggins site at about.com had asked about itchy legs that you might find interesting.