Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Birth day"

Thursday was my youngest daughter's birthday. She turned 2. It was such a fun day covered in paint, glue, pizza, stamps and gluten free chocolate cake - and I mean all of us covered in that!

Her birthday is a special day in 2 very special ways. One, of course, is that it's the day God blessed us with our one and only baby girl joining us in this world. The other is the turning point it would end up being for me and my health.

Her birthday is always bittersweet for me. I really enjoyed the labor experience, but I also didn't get the VBA2C I was attempting. I had huge success of going into labor on my own and laboring for 2 days naturally, but I still ended up with another cesarean due to some mistakes I still made.


This moment in my life will forever be one of those turning points... where we look back and can say we KNOW our life changed. It's like when the road your driving down comes to a dead end and there's a sign with arrows pointing right and left. You can no longer go straight forward, this road has come to an end, you must make a turn, you must change directions. Thanks to prayer and my stubborn personality, I chose to turn away from the post-partum-depression-feeling-sorry-for-myself-I-hate-the-world direction. I had made up my mind long before birth day that I would walk away happy with my experience knowing that I did all I could to make it the best I could. I would have faith that I could get over whatever the outcome was.

However... I never thought God would bring me to HERE! A place where I feel strong, confident and have accomplished feats I never ever could have imagined! I've been able to set goals physically and grow mentally. I'm someone and something I never thought I could be. And it's cheaper than sitting with a psychiatrist!

Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom... what a cliche-ish yet so true statement.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
James 30:21

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!! That day and forever, you're presence is a blessing ♥

Today I'd like to share this really interesting blog.

2 comments:

robison52 said...

Thanks for Dr. Milligan's web page! His name does sound familiar, maybe I've read about him before?

Wishing your daughter a happy birthday...she's lucky to have such a strong and confident mother like YOU!

Val said...

awwww you are so awesome sweet!

I thought his name sounded really familiar also! Then he said he runs... so I thought maybe I saw it on a roster for a race or something.. but maybe his name's just getting around!

He was really laid back. I think you'd like him.