Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just get in the water

Spin and run done! whew. Today's class is run by the guy who hooked me up with those girls. He has an awesome class, he has us push really hard.

My knees are a bit beat up lately so instead of "running" I really did a walk. But I added a nice incline the majority of it and climbed 385 feet. Then did some small run intervals at the last 3/4 mile. I'm really looking forward to the swim tonight. Now that I have gotten over the "what's a triathlon swim going to be like" concern, I am much more confident in the water. Also, I realize now that (DUH) just like in running and biking, even smaller amounts of swimming will build up endurance and strength in the water. I was SO focused on the distance. I was so worried that I just wouldn't make it the entire swim portion that I beat myself up during swim training. Now I realize just getting in the pool, just like getting on the road, treadmill and into spin class, is all going to help.

You don't have to run 13 miles every day to build the endurance it takes to run a 1/2 marathon. And eventhough I've known this, I still never put it together with swim training too.

No comments: