Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Running

Is addicting and I love that it is.

I run regularly every other day. I enjoy it so much. I have a buddy online, she's been running for quite some time now and has a 10k around the same time as i have my 5k. So we have a little running log going. It keeps me motivated when I see how far she runs in a day, and it also keeps me accountable.

I can run about 2.25 miles in 30 minutes. Not all that fast, but I can get it done and that's what matters at this point. I'm sure I'll get faster as I keep running and losing weight. The other day I was soooo not in the mood to run. I just felt blah, my day started out bad and I didn't feel like doing anything productive. I ran anyway. I planned on doing 2.50, but ended up only doing 1.25 miles. However, the entire first mile, I ran without slowing down at all.

I have lost 7 pounds in the past week.

On a non-training note, my youngest is about to be ONE!

1 comment:

Jrsygurl4life said...

Wow, Val!!

Good job and keep up the hard work. I did the Philadelphia Triathlon the summer of 2006. It was such a hard routine to follow but a great accomplishment. I did it for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training and raise $2,500 for their organization.

One of these days I plan on doing another. Wish you all the best.

Oh, tell your daughter "Happy 1st Birthday!" for me.