Friday, January 9, 2009

Compression

Holy goodness batman! Compression sleeves for shin splints are AMAZING.

I've worn them running all this week and it's made a HUGE HUGE difference. I ran monday, wednesday and friday. Tomorrow I do a 60 minute walk. I have a ""training to your first 5K" routine that a friend sent me. It was for 8 weeks and I only have 6 weeks, so I tweaked it a bit, but I'm much further than I thought! Without the pain of shin splints, when I'm suppose to run 1.5 miles, I have been doing 2.25 miles. There's no doubt I can finish a 5k run (3.1 miles), just the concern of going from treadmill to road. Soon, I'll hopefully be running 3 miles on the treadmill well enough that I can go try it out on the course before race day. Oh the luxury of living where you run!

Along with running, I've changed some eating habits. This week alone I lost 5.5 pounds already.

Running is very addictive. Once you're there, you don't want to stop. When you see your mileage increasing and your time decreasing, you just figure..why stop?

1 comment:

Jrsygurl4life said...

I love compression sleeves! I used them when I ran cross-country for Absegami High School. :)