Wednesday, March 17, 2010

P90X... VFF Style

There's P90X... and then there's P90X Vibram Five Fingers style! Because it forces me to practice balance and use more muscles in my feet and legs, I am getting SUCH a better workout.

Today I made up a missed Core Cynergisitcs from Monday, Shoulders & Arms, then went for a 4 mile run. My running is getting crazy awesome! I'm staying within the 9-min mile range consistently. My legs are extremely less tired. I chaulk all this up to the combination of P90X and VFFs. I'm getting stronger while improving my form and lightening the load. What isn't helping... Girl Scout cookies. Those don't make you faster or lighter. So.. someone come take the rest of mine away!

Tonight I'll do Ab RipperX and call it a day!

On another note.... A few weeks ago, my husband started running. He still hasn't found the love for it like I have, but he's giving it all he has! He's improved SO much! I'm watching him go through the same steps I did last year and it's really humbling for me. I'm so proud of him, and he feels great. Sadly, only a few weeks away from completing the 8-week Hal Higdon plan I gave him to use, he had an incident at work and fractured his kneecap =( He's definitely out of running for a long time. Tonight, we're cleaning up dinner and he says "I want to put on my new shoes and go for a run! I need to get out and do something." HA!! I'm wearing him down! But it really sucks he can't go out and do it. I can only imagine what that would be like... Lots of prayers for him please.


Oh and my Shakeology shipment arrived today!! Oh I love it when a Shakeology/Beachbody package shows up!

And let me say - I'm not trying to SELL anyone anything. I'm just telling it like it is. You WON'T find another nutrient rich and filling shake that tastes amazing like Shakeology. And if you choose Shakeology is something you want to try - really really consider becoming a coach because you SAVE $15 a month by being a Beachbody coach. No catch, no lies, no hidden agenda. It's just that Beachbody coaches get 25% off everything and even with my website fee ($14.95/month), by getting $30 off Shakeology (the 25% off), I SAVE $15. So... like I said, I'm just telling it like it is.

I'm waiting 6 days and then doing a 3-Day Shakeology Cleanse. I'll write more about that later!

Alright... it's family game time. Peace out.

No comments: